The product consists of a steel casing containing horizontal steel blades treated with a technically advanced heat expanding graphite which closes off the whole damper in a fire. The aperture surrounding the dampers are fire sealed with iPASSIVE FR Board in walls and iPASSIVE EX Mortar in floors.
The damper can be installed in the fire seal and the ventilation ducting attached or the damper can be connected to the ducting and then fire sealed.
The aperture where the ducts pass through can include one or multiple ventilation ducts. One can also pass through other technical services such as cables, cable trays and pipes within the same aperture.
- Maintenance free and no electrical connections necessary
- Suitable for both walls and floors
- It seals against penetration of fire and smoke both surrounding and inside the ventilation duct
- Closes in the area where the fire is located but not elsewhere, so the ventilation system can be used to extract smoke from areas that are not on fire
- Keeps the temperature in the duct network lower than 120°C and will therefore protect fans and sensitive units in the system
- Insulation of ducts is not necessary
- Service life of more than 50 years; the damper will last the same life cycle as the ventilation system
- Easy to fit
- The dampers are attached to the inside of the ducts, giving the benefit of space saving
- An aperture can include several dampers and in addition
technical services such as cables, cable trays and pipes
- The dampers are only 15 cm long and bends can be connected right behind the fire seal (can also be special ordered in other sizes)
- Can be attached to a vent on one side.